At Camp Jamison, we believe that a summer camp experience has the power to change lives! We believe that every child should get to experience sleeping in a cabin, hiking through the woods, and roasting marshmallows with friends. That is why, since opening in 2011, we’ve offered a one week, overnight summer camp experience to all Philadelphia area children.
Our mission is to offer a program that’s diverse, inclusive, and affordable. For kids growing up in a city with so many challenges, Camp Jamison offers a much-needed escape and reset. A reflective week full of activities to strengthen children’s interpersonal and peace-building skills to empower them to become community leaders.
- A commitment to and understanding of Camp Jamison Corporation’s mission and beneficiaries.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, dedication and a passion for improving the lives of Camp Jamison Corporation’s campers.
- Serve a two year term to be eligible for re-appointment.
- Be prepared for and attend quarterly Board Meetings.
- Stay informed and inform others effectively regarding our mission, values, programs and service to others.
- Inform others about the organization and suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization.
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
- So that Camp Jamison Corporation can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, Camp Jamison expects Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
- Encourages the Board’s role in strategic planning.
- Appoints the chairpersons of committees, in consultation with other Board members.
- Helps guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns.
- Monitors financial planning and financial reports.
- Plays a leading role in fundraising activities, works with and supports board members to ensure all members are involved in fundraising and committees.
- Plan & lead all Board Meetings.