At Camp Jamison, we believe that a summer camp experience has the power to change lives! We believe that every child should get to experience sleeping in a cabin, hiking through the woods, and roasting marshmallows with friends. That is why, since opening in 2011, we’ve offered a one week, overnight summer camp experience to all Philadelphia area children.
JOIN OUR TEAM!!
Apply now for our open board positions, including Board Chair.
CAMP FOR ALL
Our mission is to offer a program that’s diverse, inclusive, and affordable. For kids growing up in a city with so many challenges, Camp Jamison offers a much-needed escape and reset. A reflective week full of activities to strengthen children’s interpersonal and peace-building skills to empower them to become community leaders.
Join Our Board!
- A commitment to and understanding of Camp Jamison Corporation’s mission and beneficiaries.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, dedication and a passion for improving the lives of Camp Jamison Corporation’s campers.
- Serve a two year term to be eligible for re-appointment.
- Be prepared for and attend quarterly Board Meetings.
- Stay informed and inform others effectively regarding our mission, values, programs and service to others.
- Inform others about the organization and suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization.
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
- So that Camp Jamison Corporation can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, Camp Jamison expects Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
Board Chair Responsibilities
- Encourages the Board’s role in strategic planning.
- Appoints the chairpersons of committees, in consultation with other Board members.
- Helps guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns.
- Monitors financial planning and financial reports.
- Plays a leading role in fundraising activities, works with and supports board members to ensure all members are involved in fundraising and committees.
- Plan & lead all Board Meetings.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY